Apparently I’ve worked out the “sweet” things, instead of cheesey things. So it’s lots of bananas. 🙂 They make a good base for cakes and cookies. Anyway. I’m still trying to make the camera work (I ate all the flapjack, sorry! It was just so good with yogurt…I’ll just have to make some more late…Oh no, oh shame…) so photos may follow. They will do. Eventually.
So. You need an oven at 180C/350F/gas mark 4. A tray or two needs lining and/or greasing, as per normal.
- Mash 3 medium, ripe bananas. Lots of potassium, so good for you :-P.
- Beat in 1 medium egg.
- While you’re doing that, melt 3.5oz/100g unsalted butter over a low heat. Once melted, pour in with the ‘nanas and mix. Add a drop or two of vanilla essence.
- Hull and dice 5oz/150g fresh strawberries (I actually used 250g; doesn’t seem to have done anything adverse…). Stir into the mix.
- Sieve 5oz/150g self-raising flour (or plain + baking soda) into the mix and stir well. Until doughy.
- Drop spoonfuls onto the baking tray. They don’t seem to spread too much, but they’ll need their space. Bake for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool. Or not. Your choice. They should be a tad cakey. I expect if they’d been flatter they’d be more like the cookies you buy.
For alternatives: I reckon they’d be fantastic with little drops of chocolate in. Either really dark (like cacao nibs) or white. But these are good cookies 🙂 Enjoy!