With this rather unexpected change into actual summer (sunshine and blue skies and everything! Quick, get the BBQ!), I’ve changed my July project. A bit late in the day, you might say, being as how we’re now over half way through the month, but I was hoping that the new project will be quicker. That was until I started stitching it.
You see, I began the kitchen clock. I counted my two dozen squares to the first available stitch, and then began doing the clock-face outline. I got all the way around, and discovered the two ends don’t match up like they’re supposed to. And I can’t see where I’ve gone wrong, so I’ve put that pattern to one side for another day and found a nice, simple, kitchen-themed sampler instead. (I found it on Etsy, if anyone’s interested, but I’m afraid I can’t remember which shop…)
It’s a little slogan which says “This kitchen is seasoned with love” and there’s a couple of hearts and it looked very minimalistic and straightforward.
So I started stitching. Letters take longer than you think. There seems to be far more counting, too.
Yes, so far, I’ve only half-done the L…